Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Synopsis Are Evil

I thought writing a novel from beginning to end was hard. Try condensing all that hard work into a two page synopsis that makes sense. Not only make sense, but inspire the person reading it at a publishing house to want to read it. I'm at one and a half pages and feeling frustrated. I deliberately gave up writing the synposis until the book's completion was three months behind me. But its time to get this show on the road so I can watch the rejection notices roll in. Of course, it would be nice if I didn't get any of those at all, but I'm not going to fool myself.

It's all about timing and finding just the write person who believes in what you have written. When I was younger I used to fear rejection, took it as a personal reflection on my very soul, but not anymore.

Corey aka the fiance read over the synopsis and was frustrated by it. He hates that I have to condense all my hard work into two pages. He feels it unfair. I guess he's seen me work so hard at this story it bugs him that some editor won't just sit down and read it and love it.

Anyway, I'm listening to the soundtrack to "The Fountain" one of my fav movies and trying to make this work for me.

Maybe I should pop open a bottle of wine. Hrmmmm....

Anyway, I need to finish this up and buy the new Writer's Market this week. The beginning of Spring seems like a good time to try and get my first novel published.

And for you As The World Dies fans, just a heads up that already I see some differences forming in the plotline. More Jenni, for your fans of her, and some things made a bit clearer.

Enough putting off this synposis trial. Back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!