Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Writer's Blockage? Writer's Bitching?

I did post a new mini-chapter yesterday to the forums carrying my new zombie novella. I liked the way the chapter came out and the response from the readers has been good. I did try to write just one more mini-chapter before bed, but discovered that it just wouldn't flow right.

Now the gist of what I want to be in the chapter is there and I think the readers will enjoy it, but it wasn't coalescing in a way that felt strong and solid. It kept coming across as a very dull news report and very passive. Chalking it up to being tired after a long day, I closed down yWriter and went to bed. My best writing time is usually around 7PM after I've come home, unwound from work, and feel energized again. I will tackle the chapter again tonight around that time.

I do wish I had more time to write, but I gotta work with the life I have, don't I? I am still trying to decide which novel I want to write next. I have a lot of ideas floating around in my head and some of them are ready to be born. I'm not certain which one is up next, but it has come down to possibly three options. Ah, sweet torture.

Meanwhile, I have editing to do on my next book in the zombie trilogy and I need to take a long hard look at my Victorian Gothic vampire tale. Do I really want to trim it down to the word count to meet industry standards for a first novel? Hrmmm....

I wonder what it would feel like not to have all these ideas in my head wanting to be on paper?

Nah, I like being an author.

It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!