Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Taliesin Meets Pretty When She Dies!!

One of my all time favorite blogs is Taliesin Meets The Vampires. I really enjoy his reviews of all things vampire and, as I stated before, his blog has introduced me to movies I never knew existed.

A few weeks back he mentioned he wanted to read Pretty When She Dies, so I sent him an eBook version. I just wanted to know what he thought of it since he is such a huge fan of the vampire genre. I wasn't really expecting any kind of review, but when he alerted me he was going to mention it in his blog, I started biting my nails. He is a die hard vampire genre fan. His opinion does mean a lot to me.

So tonight (I am up so damn late) he posted about Pretty When She Dies.

*insert girly scream here*

What I was completely thrilled about was this part:
"However, I was even more impressed with the handling of Cian’s character. Here was one of the gone human, softer and more romantic vampires (though thankfully not angst-ridden) and Rhiannon took him as a character and rebirthed him into vampiredom (as it were) through his interaction with Amaliya. In many respects he was like the genre itself having gone soft, tried to be human and then remembering what it should be."

That is EXACTLY what I wanted to do with Cian's character and I loved taking him from a watered-down, more "human" vampire and bringing him back firmly into his vampiric nature.

I feel so good right now.

So, the cover for ATWD 2 is done. Pretty When She Dies gets a nice shout out.

I'm good.

I'm going to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!