Just a quick rundown of the year's highlights:
- As The World Dies: The First Days is nominated for the Dead Letter Award for Best Book (Fiction)
- It wins the award.
- As The World Dies: Fighting to Survive comes out in March to great sales
- I am contacted about the TV/Film rights in May
- After two tries, I find my entertainment lawyer, Barr Potter, and he negotiates the TV/Flim rights.
- As The World Dies: Siege comes out in August, one year to the day the first book came out. Sales and fan reaction is very positive
- I am contacted by a publisher one day before I leave to Horror Realm inquiring about the books
- I am a guest at Horror Realm and sit on my first author panel
- The TV/Film option is signed at Horror Realm. The producer throws a big party to celebrate
- Barr and I listen to the pitch made by the publishing house. I ask him to look into my other options before I make a choice.
- The Foundry in New York City becomes interested in my work. Within a month, I have signed on with Hannah Gordon to represent me.
- The Tale of the Vampire Bride is released by the Library of Horror Press. Despite no real promotion yet, the sales are solid.
- Pretty When She Dies: A Vampire Novel comes under consideration for a possible film.
- Two short stories appear in two anthologies: Zombology 1 and Wolves of War
I loved you dearly, 2009, but it is now time to move on. Thank you for ALL the fabulous memories.
2010....bring it on, baby. I'm ready!