Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Where the Hell Have I Been?

It slowly registered this last week when I was on vacation how disconnected I had become during the process of working on revisions and preparing for my trip to Pittsburgh, PA for Horror Realm.



"You haven't blogged in awhile," someone commented. "How are things going?"



I opened my mouth to respond that I had just blogged about getting the revisions from Tor when I realized how long ago that had actually been. "I'll get back to it," I promised.



"Cool. It's neat to see how things work with the big publishing houses," came the response.



Crap! I thought.



The whole purpose of this blog was to tell the tale (whether successful or not) of my adventures in trying to get published. And once I self-published, it was all about that adventure, and now it is about the process with Tor.



You know, look behind the curtain, see the Wizard pulling the levers and hitting buttons. This is how it works.



As I started this post I thought I did not have much to relate other than my adventures in Pittsburgh, but then I realized revisions are something a lot of writers don't discuss in detail and a lot of fledgling authors have no idea how the system works. Of course, I can only talk about how it works with Tor, but I think it could be a good education on the process.



So, hopefully, by the end of the week my revisions will be done and I will then post about my experience.



I will also do a post on the book signing and Horror Realm and catch you up to speed with all that insanity.

So...excuse me while I duck back behind this curtain...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rhiannon! I just plowed through both of your Vampire books and LOVED them! I absolutely fell in love with both of your heroines and seriously...Amaliya kicks ass! Can't wait for the next one...surfing to find your Zombie novels as we 'speak'...lol Keep up the fantastic work!

    Tammy Moussa
    Alberta, Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!