Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

So here is my overdue update...

What have I been doing?

Writing.

Writing a lot. Writing every day. Writing every day for hours. Writing so much my hands and arms ache. Writing...writing...writing...

Which is a good thing considering that I am a writer and now attempting to make it a full time gig. It only makes sense that large portions of my day would be dedicated to writing.

So what am I writing?

Well, in January I finished adding approximately 20,000 words (around 80 pages) of new material to the Tor edition of FIGHTING TO SURVIVE. Just last week I received the happy news that my editor from Tor approved the revisions and the book is now on its way to the copy editor. Meanwhile, I have received the artwork concept for the cover and I really like it quite a bit. I think it goes well with the first book

Immediately after I finished the revisions, I dove into writing the first 100 pages of a new project that my agent requested. She really loved the synopsis I sent her and would like to find a home for the project. It's a futuristic horror novel with zombie-like creatures. I really love the story and so far anyone who has either read the synopsis or the first few pages has really liked it as well. I am completely in love with the two protagonist and I think my fans will love them, too. I just finished the pages she requested and I'm tweaking my synopsis to send to my agent this week.

So what am I writing now?

I am diving back into writing the sequel to THE TALE OF THE VAMPIRE BRIDE. I already had quite a lot written on the novel when I had to put it aside to work on the revisions for both the first and second book in the AS THE WORLD DIES series.

I still plan to finish my AS THE WORLD DIES UNTOLD TALES, but I have to concentrate on other projects as well.

Hopefully, now that I am a little caught up on my writing endeavors I can keep my blog updated a little more regularly.

Meanwhile, check out my updated websites. My friend (and fellow author) Kody Boye did a great job redesigning both sites.

Enjoy!

rhiannonfrater.com
astheworlddies.com

3 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog and I just wanted to let you know that As the World Dies is my favorite zombie novel/series of all time and your writing is completely inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, please, release your books as Nookbooks. I've been wanting to read your books since getting my Nook but they aren't available through Barnes and Noble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Tor will release the books on the Nook when they are reissued later this year. THE FIRST DAYS: AS THE WORLD DIES will be released on July 5, 2011.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!