Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Progress!

I'm nineteen chapters into the sequel to THE TALE OF THE VAMPIRE BRIDE and I am pleased with the story thus far. I just sent off the chapters to my test readers and hope for their feedback soon. I will, of course, keep plugging away at the story, but I really need to have an outside perspective at this point. The plot is a bit more complex than the one in the first novel and Glynis is definitely evolving as a person and vampire. There are a slew of new characters that have entered the story and I'm anxious to see how they are received by the readership.


I am feeling a lot more confident about the book at this point, but I admit I'll be biting my nails until I heard back from the test readers. I promise not to harass them too much.

*fingers crossed*

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! I'm looking forward to the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would poke out an eyeball to be one of these test readers!

    Just finished Tales of a Vampire Bride like ten minutes ago and headed straight to the blog to see if work was being done on book two and IT IS!!!!!

    And I must admit, Vlad, TOTALLY want more of him. But the ending was just so... WOW! PERFECT!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linds,

    Vlad (or as I call him, the asshole) plays a very minor role in the second book. The story is about Lady Glynis Wright and he is a supporting character in her life. But his actions and plotting have a HUGE impact on the story. HUGE.

    The specter if Dracula can never be truly vanquished.

    Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you don't lay down to the cliche, and the said formula of how a book is to be written!

    Thank you for that little 'teaser', and you so totally rock! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linds,

    I don't believe in tropes or cliches. I try to write the story as honestly and faithfully to the vision in my head. Nothing about Glynis is conventional and I don't think her story should be either.

    Rhiannon

    P.S. Feel free to join THE TALE OF THE VAMPIRE BRIDE facebook. I'm going to try to keep it updated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!