Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Editor Recommendation for Indie Authors and Small Presses

In the last few months I have had the opportunity to talk on a few panels and interviews about self-publishing, and I am always asked about how to secure a good editor.  Though there are a lot of companies like Lulu.com, Createspace.com and others who offer editorial services, a lot of indie authors or small presses can't afford the prices.

Another concern is the quality of the editorial review.  Several indie authors have gone through multiple editors and still have ended up with a book filled with errors.  The money they paid for the services was quite high, but the result was less than professional.

I made my own mistakes when it came to having my books edited.  But I have to say the editor of my last two novels was extremely good, and I am very pleased with her work.

Her name is Felicia Tiller-Sullivan.  Felicia has edited for several publishing houses including Permuted Press.  She edited my two novels, THE LIVING DEAD BOY AND THE ZOMBIE HUNTERS and THE TALE OF THE VAMPIRE BRIDE.  I was really pleased with her work on both my books.  I love the way she works with the writer's voice and does not try to drastically alter the book in anyway.  She prides herself on taking the story the writer has provided and shaping it into the best book possible while retaining the writer's voice and story.

She is now accepting new clients, so I thought I would post a link to her website http://indie-editor.webs.com/ for anyone still trying to find a GOOD and AFFORDABLE editor for their independent work.  I also recommend using her if you're trying to fine tune your manuscript for submission to an agent or publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!