1. Amaliya states to Cian that he has changed since she first meet him only a few days prior. Do you agree with her? Why or why not? Has your impression of Cian changed? If so, how? (Chapter 19)
It's always interesting to me as a writer to watch the evolution of my characters as the story progresses. I also get the luxury of not only seeing the transformation as the writer, but also through the eyes of my characters. I agree with Amaliya to a certain extent. Outwardly, Cian changes a lot. But inwardly, I think the change was not quite as dramatic. I think he finally stopped wearing a mask and lying to himself. I think of the scene in Elysium where he first meets Amaliya and how he had a very dangerous edge to him. It was always there. He was just in denial.
2. When Grandmama doesn't hear from Amaliya for a couple of days, she decides to grab Sergio and head over to Austin because she's worried. Later, she and Serigo meet up with Jeff and Sam for the first time and they squabble about who is at fault for the mess Cian and Amaliya are in. Which side are you on? Do you think either side are right in their assumptions? (Chapter 20)
I love both Innocente and Samantha so much. They're both feisty, loyal, and strong women. Their scene amused me because they are both trying to do the exact same thing: save the person they love. Sam gets so much crap slung at her by readers, but I have to believe its because we've been conditioned to take sides. If I had changed the story's perspective to Sam, she would be the heroine of the piece and Amaliya the dangerous interloper. When people find Samantha's perkiness annoying, it saddens me just a bit because I think its part of her charm.
Samantha and Innocente mirror each other quite a bit in the book and that is why I love both of them. Despite the terrible danger they face, they don't back down. Their love runs deep and strong.
3. After the Summoner forces Amaliya into a gruesome fight for her life against two hideous creatures, he tells her that he doesn't know if he should kill her because she could be a potential threat, or if he should keep her so he could use her abilities. At this point, what do you think of this development? (Chapter 21)
When the big battle flooded my mind, I was like..."YES!" It was awesome to see Amaliya in action and have The Summoner be unnerved by his creation.
4. Doooood! Grandmama is a machete wielding zombie killer! If you were a Supernatural Hunter, what kind would you be and why? (Chapter 22)
I have no clue. LOL.
5. What did you think of the final showdown between The Summoner and Amaliya? Were you surprised to find out how her ability worked? (Chapter 23)
I loved the showdown. I was like, "YES!" And yes, I do that a lot. I was so excited. And I loved how her power worked because..c'mon...its kinda epic.
6. Where you satisfied with the way things ended in Pretty When She Dies? What was your favorite part of the story? What do you think is coming up next for Amaliya and Cian? Do you have any hopes or expectations that you want to see in the sequel, Pretty When She Kills?
Was I satisfied with the ending? No. Not really. This was a book where it was very hard to find an ending spot. I was tempted to end it right after the battle with The Summoner. It just felt like there was more story to tell though. And there still is more. I struggled with the ending. I'm okay with it. But...*shrugs* I guess it's a good opening to PRETTY WHEN SHE KILLS.
As for what is coming up next for Amaliya and Cian...*evil grin* In the very first chapter of PRETTY WHEN SHE KILLS everything that seemed so nicely wrapped up unravels faster than you can blink your eyes. Yes, Ashley (our Bookish Brunette), I know. I'm evil.
7. Who's would you cast to play the main characters in Pretty When She Dies? Show us with pictures!
Julian Sands & Rhiannon Frater
Julian signed his photo "The Summoner
Well, Julian Sands as The Summonor. I met him a few years ago, gave him the book, and the producer who optioned the book sent his agent the script. Julian read it and loved it and should the movie get the greenlight, he said he'd love to play the part.
I vote Jared Leto as Cian. They look very similar in my mind.
Lee Pace would be so good as Jeff. They both have the cute nerd thing going on.
Sarah Chalke would be adorable as Samantha.
My nephew votes for Megan Fox (he is 16). She does resemble Amaliya to some extent and she has the same kind of vibe as our unlucky (or is that lucky) heroine.
And that is all I got. What do you think? Who would you choose?