Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

PRETTY WHEN SHE DIES ebook Available in ALL Formats Starting Today!

Part of being a hybrid author (both traditionally published and self-published) is experimenting with different forms of publishing. When Amazon started its KDP program that allows authors to offer up their book on the lending library for Prime Members as well as special promotion options (such as offering the book for free for a few days), I thought I'd give it a whirl.  The only drawback was making the books an Amazon.com exclusive.

Since PRETTY WHEN SHE DIES is an older book, I decided to enroll it in the KDP program. I'm anticipating releasing its sequel in the near future, so I thought it might be a way to drum up more interest. I also enrolled my vampire short story collection and my zombie novel for kids.  The end result of the experiment is a little mixed.

Removing PRETTY WHEN SHE DIES from Smashwords, Kobo, iBook, Nook, and other ebook retailers   didn't really upset me at first. The bulk of my sales have always come from Amazon.com. But it really bothered me to have fans asking me for other ebook versions of the book and not having it available to them.

Also, the lending library really didn't work on this title or the others.  It's had minimal results.

The free offer went very well with PRETTY WHEN SHE DIES.  It had close to 3,000 downloads. These are 3,000 potential new readers. I was very pleased with those results.

But in the end I decided the program just wasn't working for PRETTY WHEN SHE DIES. It's too limiting to have it only available on Amazon.com. I want all readers to be able to access it.

Therefore, it's now back up on Smashwords.com in most ebook formats (other than Kindle), and should be uploading to other ebook retailers soon. Just click on the image to visit Smashwords and snag a copy for $2.99.


Also, starting today, BLOOD & LOVE AND OTHER VAMPIRE TALES is FREE on Kindle until May 31st.  You can also download the pdf at my website for free here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!