Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Embracing The Spooky

Ghosts, wraiths, specters, and all sorts of creepy dead stuff is invading my novels.  From PRETTY WHEN SHE KILLS to UNTOLD TALES VOLUME 3, my novels are all getting a good shot of the things from beyond the grave (not zombies or vampires...the other wispy stuff).  I'm not sure why this is happening, but I'm not going to shy away from it.

Strangely, when I ask fans what monster they would like me to write about, more and more "ghosts" is drifting to the top of the list.

Are ghosts the new big thing?

Is my subconscious picking up on that?

Hrmmm....


Meanwhile, PRETTY WHEN SHE KILLS is moving swiftly to its end point. Like most of my books do, it's really surprising me.  There have been three plot developments that I never saw coming, but fit perfectly.

I'm just a little scared now! Things are not quite as set in stone as I thought!

So...what do you think of ghosts in horror novels?  Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Zombies still seem to be the thing these days (rock on), but ghosts in genre fiction are comin' up, I swears it! ^_^

    And oh my goodness, there is something MIND NUMBINGLY scary about the threat that cannot be seen, or touched, or killed. And for so many, ghosts are not just a silly storytime concept....that isht is real! ^_^

    Gah! Psyching myself out. I love it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having experienced a ghostly encounter, I can say it definitely freaked me out!

      Rhiannon

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!