Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

NaNoWriMo Time!

I've been wanting to do NaNoWriMo for years, but something always seemed to get in the way of actually participating. Either it was day job deadlines, or revision deadlines, or trips, or being ill. This year I made sure that November was free so I could participate in NaNoWriMo.

Since the idea is to write 50,000 words in one month, I've decided to write my novella set in the world of PRETTY WHEN SHE DIES.  It features Cass and Aimee, the dhamphir and witch introduced in PRETTY WHEN SHE KILLS.  Claudia McKinney of Phat Puppy Art has already done the cover and I'm using it as my desktop background for inspiration.  I am presently holding a contest to name the novella, so please feel free to offer up any ideas in comments. The prize is a signed paperback of the novella. The contest ends Sunday, November 4, 2012.

I've been dying to write this novella for the last three years and I'm so excited to finally dive into it. I'm already making good progress. You can watch the progress bar on the left hand side bar on my blog to see how I'm doing.

Please send me all your good vibes and encouragement! I'd love to get this novella tucked away so it can have an early release next year.

Wish me luck!

Here is my NaNoWriMo profile if you'd like to add me!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! Good luck, Rhiannon! This is my 6th year taking part and I love the motivation it gives me. I added you as a Buddy on the site - WORD WAR! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I just joined. I recently started a project I'm calling Back From The Dead Assholes. It's non-supernatural horror, a revenge kind of tale in the spirit of I Spit On Your Grave. Kind of new to this writing thing but this seems like a good way to have some fun with it. If you're wondering about the title, it was inspired by a Robot Chicken Star Wars episode called Boba's Back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!