Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Top 5 Sci-Fi/Paranormal Books Read in 2012


People are always curious about the type of books I read. They're often surprised to discover that I don't only read zombie novels. The majority of the books inhabiting my bookshelves are not zombie-related. I tend not to read in the genre I'm writing, so considering how much of my writing time has been consumed with zombies, I've been reading a lot of other types of books. I thought I would share some of my favorites. These books were not necessarily released in 2012, but I did read them last year.


1. Here by Denise Grover Swank
A well-written, creepy, exciting book with many unexpected twists.
Read my review here.

2. Jenny Plague-Bringer by J.L. Bryan
The amazing, terrifying ending of the Jenny Pox series.
Read my kinda/sorta review here.

3. Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn
A fresh exciting new twist on the YA sci-fi genre that I absolutely loved.
Read my review here.

4. The Uglies Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld
Probably my favorite series (which includes Extras, the unexpected 4th book) that I read last year. I loved it completely.
Read my review of the trilogy here.

5. The Space Between by Alexandra Sokoloff
A strange, unsettling tale that haunted me long after I finished it.
I forgot to write a review. Oops!

Honorable Mention:  The Whisper Jar by Carole Lanham
A short story collection that was beautifully unsettling.
Read my review here.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Rhiannon, I'm thrilled that you responded that way to The Space Between, and honored to be in this company. Thanks so much for the shout out, and VERY Happy New Year! - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the mention of Jenny Pox 4!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!