Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

THE FIRST DAYS Gets a Starred Review from Publishers Weekly

I can barely type or see the screen right now.

I just received word that Publishers Weekly gave THE FIRST DAYS a starred review!!! This is a huge honor and just has me dizzy with delight. I just can't believe it.

Excuse me while I go hyperventilate.


The First Days
Rhiannon Frater. Tor, $14.99 trade paper (336p) ISBN 978-0-7653-3126-7
"This world is fragile." This truth lies at the core of Frater's intensely compelling first novel. When Jenni wakes up one morning and discovers her husband devouring their baby, she flees into a world suddenly populated by zombies. She is rescued by Katie, a lawyer haunted by her abandonment of her now-undead wife. The two traumatized women escape the city and discover unsuspected reserves of strength as they meet other survivors, some waiting for the government to save them and others trying to support one another through the chaos. Katie and Jenni join a group in a fortified site and are faced with the enormous task of rebuilding the world. This outstanding first effort, the first book in a trilogy, will appeal greatly to zombie fans, but the undead are merely the catalyst for a far more disquieting tale of societal collapse. (July)
Reviewed on: 05/16/2011


6 comments:

  1. That's great, Rhiannon. Really pleased to hear your news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Derek. I'm still in shock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This sounds like a great book. I can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Conor.

    I hope you enjoy it.

    Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely fantastic news!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!