Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Offically Down

Tonight I took "As The World Dies" off fanfiction.net and just left the unedited first chapter. It felt odd to do this after so much time, but I have been delaying long enough. It was rough to take it down and end an era in the life of the story, but it was time. The rewrite is important and I need to concentrate on that.

Meanwhile, I did finally finish the synopsis and the query letter for my other novel. I am submitting to literary agents, but also preparing to submit to publisher who will look at unagented work. I've had three rejection letters, all form letters and I was just "eh" about them when I got them. I just couldn't feel down about it. I just can't feel rejected by them. Or as if I failed. I've researched the publishing world enough to know that many successful writers suffered many rejections for a variety of reasons. And there is no set way to get published.

I'm not discouraged at all.

This may take a long time.

Anyway, the plan is submit both novels at the same time to a variety of publishers and literary agents.

Wish me luck.

Oh, yes. The muse struck again. I'm already four chapters deep into a new novel based in Texas. I like it so far. It feels solid.

I may post the first chapter up on here in a few weeks.

That's all for now.

--Rhiannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!