Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

This is More Like It

A personalized rejection letter! I definitely prefer this to a form letter. This time my story was called "intriguing" but was not what they were looking for. I can live with that. I know from my research that agents, editors, and publishing houses can be on the lookout for specific categories. This rejection letter is one I can feel good about.

Why?

Because someone found it intriguing even if it didn't fit their needs. So the hope is that someone who is looking for my type of book will find it intriguing.

Yay!

4 comments:

  1. Hi again. For no particular reason, I thought I'd drop by, and it occurred to me reading through your posts that you took the story down on the 21st anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster.

    Don't look at me that way, I'm a non-sequitir kind of guy, I am.

    And grats on the non-form rejection letter! Out of curiousity, have you considered a TV (most likely cable) mini-series instead of a book or movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fire your agent. I'm your new agent and I say "publish yourself". Just go to http://www.lulu.com/ and get your book published!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhiannon,
    I just wanted to let you know that I truly enjoyed, "As The World Dies". Talk about an excellent read. It took me 1 1/2 days to finish. If you have any other stories out there, please let me know as I would love to read them. Keep writing. You're good. Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your story and loved it. And I think with the new GAR movie coming out the zombie craze will start anew. I wish I could read your story again.


    And to any publisher out there....PRINT THIS BOOK! It is a good read

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!