Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

As The World Dies is Available on Amazon.com!!!

As The World Dies is now available on Amazon. com. Though I prefer the fans buy the book from my own eShop (I get a better royalty), I realize sometimes it's much easier for people to buy from Amazon.com.

My first three reviews are up. When I read them I almost cried.

Two are from the proof readers of As The World Dies. They were lucky (or unlucky) enough to read the proof copy and offer up suggestions. One is a horror writer. The other is also a writer, but doesn't like horror. Between the two of them, I was fairly sure they could give me some great insight and suggestions. I'll be honest. Having a horror writer read your stuff is nervewracking because you want the horror fans to love your story. Having a non-horror fan read it, was nervewracking because it was definitely not her genre. The fact that they both loved the book was very flattering and encouraging.

As soon as they heard that the book was on Amazon, they both hopped over to give their support.

The third review is from a fan. What he wrote literally made me cry. When I showed it to my Mother, she choked up quite a bit, too. My mother is very supportive and I don't think she could be any prouder of me. She HATES zombies and horror novels, but loved my book. And since she has been editing and critiquing my works since I was around 10 years old, I know if she doesn't like something, she will tell me. But she loved the book and the characters. She is so excited she's trying to find out where she can find an old mannequin so she can make me a zombie to carry around to conventions. She is a painter, so I know she would do a great job. She has already volunteered to help me man my table at the convention I am planning to attend in October.

The last few days have been a blur. I've been visiting with family (and having them visit me) and I've barely had time to log on and do anything to support the release of the book. I hope to pick up the slack this week and this coming weekend.

For those of you who have ordered the book, let me know what you think when you receive it. I have heard back from one fan and he declared it "beautiful". Frankly, I think it is, too. The cover artwork just blows me away.

For those of you who have read the story, your reviews on Amazon.com would be highly appreciated. Also, spread the word to any horror fans you may know.

Thanks again for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!