Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

UGH!!! I Hate It When Things Go Wrong

As The World Dies: The First Days was part of some weird glitch yesterday that resulted in books being listed as Unavailable for sale even though they really were. This did not just affect my novel, but the novels of quite a few other Independent Authors. I estimate As The World Dies: The First Days was not for sale up to 18 hours. I have to admit being a bit gutted over the whole fiasco.

Sales were really good all last week and yesterday was proving to be the best day of all. Then abruptly sales just stopped. Usually the last book of the day sells sometime in the late evening. This was mid-day. So I checked my listing on Amazon.com and found it was not available. I freaked. Panicked. Fired off an email to tech support. Then calmed down enough to start looking at some of the community boards I'm part of. I found out I was part of a big fuck-up going on with Amazon.com.

So, As The World Dies: The First Days fell in its sales rank and this has altered how it comes up in the Amazon.com search. *sighs* It's like having my kid being punished for something she didn't do! I want to go slug someone at Amazon and yell at them for being mean to her. Of course, my more sensible side is telling me to chill out and not worry about it.

Meanwhile, the Kindle sales are way up and doing great. I'm not going to complain there.
It's latest stats look like this:

Popular in these categories: (What's this?)

#31 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Fiction > Action & Adventure
#49 in Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Fiction > Horror

I think what got me so crazed about the mess up with Amazon.com is that with this uncertain economy, I would like to hope I could fall back on my book sales for a little financial support if anything were to happen at my job. Not that I think I'm going anywhere, but the consistency of sales was rather reassuring.

Right now I haven't sold a paperback book in 24 hours. It is unnerving. At least my Kindle sales are there to keep me calmer.

Gawd, I'm such a piece of work.

Anyway, enough grousing. I got edits to work on. I got a book to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!