Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

THE FIRST DAYS on the Shelves at Barnes & Noble!!

This afternoon I stopped by Barnes & Noble on a lark and my friend found THE FIRST DAYS among the shelves of new releases.

THE FIRST DAYS makes its official appearance in Austin, TX
It was extremely exciting to see my novel on the shelves.  I quickly snapped a photo and sent it to my mom.  I introduced myself at the information desk and explained that I'm a local author with a book on the new release shelf.  They asked me to sign the books and gave me a Sharpie.  I quickly signed all of books and watched as the store employee began to label the covers with little stickers indicating they were signed by the author.

I left in a cloud of happiness and nervousness

This is it!  The culmination of years of  long writing marathons, tears, and lots and lots of day dreaming.  My first novel is now on the shelves of a major book retailer.  After years of dreaming about this moment, I have to admit it has yet to sink in fully.

I spoke to my mom on the way home and she was weeping with happiness.  "How long have we dreamed of this?"  she asked me.

The honest answer is all my life.

I want to thank all my fans for their constant support.  You helped to get me to this point, but I also have a special favor to ask of you.  Please spread the Jenni & Katie love to everyone you know.  If this series sells well, it will allow me to keep the monster lovin' coming your way.

And thank you again for all you do!!

Edited to add:

THE FIRST DAYS in Pasadena, CA

It's starting to pop up everywhere!

5 comments:

  1. Although I only work at B&N for one more week, I'll push this for you. Will also grab myself a copy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That is so sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! :) I've recently finished reading an ARC of The First days and I really enjoyed it.

    http://wp.me/p1CKWU-5v

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonicate10,

    Thanks for your review! I appreciate it. Yay!

    Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome. I am looking forward to the next books in the trilogy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!