Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!! And Something Special For All the ATWD Fans!!!

I pray and hope that everyone who visits this blog is having a wonderful weekend!  For everyone in the good ol' USA, keep it safe while you're having fun.  Yes, that means watch out for zombies.  Vigilance is the key!

I thought I would share something that is pretty freakin' awesome before I start cooking burgers and mixing margaritas.

This fabulous sketch is the work of Philip R. Rogers.  He is doing the cover artwork for the AS THE WORLD DIES: UNTOLD TALES VOL 1.

Original artwork by Philip R. Rogers
If you read the rough draft of the ATWD novella Eric's Story when it was online, I'm sure you instantly recognized the scene in the sketch.  I am presently revising that story and a few others before I send them off to editor, Felicia Tiller-Sullivan.

When I saw the three sketches Philip sent over for me to consider for the cover, my heart just leaped with happiness.  I am so happy to finally give this novella its due and get it out to a wider audience.

Frankly, the last week has been really wonderful.  THE FIRST DAYS is hitting the shelves, the artwork for the new book came in, and I got a really awesome invitation to teach a workshop on self publishing.  I have to say I'm liking this full-time writer gig.

Have a safe and fun Fourth of July weekend!!

And remember, July 5th is the drop date of THE FIRST DAYS.  YAY!

To order the book, follow this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!