Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Guest Blog Up at Something Wicked!

New York Times Bestseller, Angie Fox, is a pretty cool chick.  She writes about a demon slayer, griffins, biker granny witches, and an adorable Jack Russell Terrier with his own pet dragon.  I stumbled across Angie's books when the first in her demon slayer series was a free Kindle download last year.  I had been reading some pretty heavy books up to this point and wanted to read something lighter.  

I ended up laughing out loud more than once when reading the first book and promptly bought all the rest  of the books in the series that were available.  I loved the sense of humor and the fun that was in the magic system Angie created.  I was also impressed when the story darkened and became quite frightening a few times.   The demon slayer series was a fun read that I thoroughly enjoyed.  It reminded me of two of my favorite shows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed.

On a whim, I friended Angie Fox on facebook and she responded to a post I made about the last novel in her demon slayer series.  Due to complications with her publisher, she regained the rights to her best selling series and self-published them.  We ended up chatting back and forth and she was kind enough to send me a t-shirt supporting her series with the awesome tagline "Kiss My Asphalt!"

She was also kind enough to ask me to write a guest post for the release day for THE FIRST DAYS for a blog she shares with several other authors called Something Wicked.  After a girly squeal of delight, I said yes!


The guest blog post is now up at Something Wicked.  Please check it out.

And if you're a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed, check out Angie Fox's demon slayer series.  It really is a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!