Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Things I Loved in 2011

Since I was swamped in December, I really didn't get a chance to consider all the good things that happened in 2011.  I'd like to take the time now to share some with you.

1.  Becoming a full-time writer on January 11, 2011.

2.  My cross-country trip with my husband and friend, Kody Boye, from Salt Lake City to Austin with stops in Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, and the Petrified Forest.

3.  The publication of The First Days on July 5, 2011.

4.  Seeing my book on the shelves of a Barnes & Noble for the first time.

5.  My first and very successful book signing at the Barnes & Noble in Round Rock, TX.

6.  My honeymoon in Las Vegas (three years delayed) at The Palazzo/Venetian resort.

7.  Seeing The Phantom of the Opera in Las Vegas.

8.  My trip to Los Angeles to sit on a panel at the Aliens to Zombie Convention.

9.  Hanging out with author Joe McKinney (author of Dead City) and Martin Olsen (of Phineas and Ferb) in Los Angeles.

10.  Going to see the Sacred Fools Theater Company with Steve Cook and seeing his awesome wife, Shaela, perform for the first time.

11.  The Shreveport Zombie Walk in Louisiana with the wonderful Michelle McCrary.

12.  Finishing SIEGE!!!!

13.  The publication of Fighting to Survive on November 8, 2011.

14.  Finishing The Vengeance of the Vampire Bride!


15.  The starred review of The First Days in Publishers Weekly.

16.  The First Days being named both one of the best zombie books of 2011 and one of the best post apocalyptic books in 2011 by Explorations of Barnes and Noble.

17.  Hanging out with my fellow zombie writers and favorite peeps at Texas Frightmare.

18.  Dyeing my hair purple!

19.  My fourth wedding anniversary.

20.  Holding the Italian version of The First Days in my hands.

21.  My sixteen-year-old nephew telling me that I'm "pretty cool" after my book signing in Houston.

22.  My agent telling me that my editor at Tor loves me and that I'm a joy to work with.  Yay!  I love her back and she has definitely helped me become a better writer!

23.  Standing at the rim of the Grand Canyon holding my husband's hand watching the sunset and realizing that some things are too beautiful to capture in words.

24.  Hanging out in San Antonio with friends at the goth club and realizing I may be growing older, but my heart is still a nice gothic black.

25.  My mom crying over the phone after she saw my book in a bookstore and telling me how proud she was of me.

26.  MARGARITAS!!!  Wherever I drank them...

27.  Watching American Horror Story while curled up with my hubby.

28.  Kody Boye and I speeding back to my house on Thursdays to watch Secret Circle.

29.  Playing Born This Way too damn loud in the car while cruising around Austin with Kody.

30.  Shopping with one of my bestest friends for Betsey Johnson jewelry.

I just realized this list could go on for some time.

Therefore, I declare 2011 a very good year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!